The pipes in your home do a lot – and when they don’t work, they cause a lot of problems. When it comes piping and repiping work, 1st Choice Plumbing has the answers you need. Here’s some information about five common pipe problems that you need to watch out for:
- Misuse of your garbage disposal – When you put the wrong things down your garbage disposal, they can clog up your pipes. If your sinks won’t drain or you notice an unpleasant smell, you may want to call a plumber.
- Leaky pipes – Leaky pipes are a common problem, especially in older homes. When you suspect a leak in your home, call us right away. Leaks can cause water damage or flooding in your home.
- Frozen pipes – The fall and winter seasons bring cold temperatures that increase the chances of your pipes freezing over. Take time to add insulation as protection.
- Irrigation system leaks – Piping problems can happen with your irrigation system, too. In fact, the water lines in your irrigation system can burst if they aren’t maintained.
- Sewer backups – Sewer issues should always be taken seriously and dealt with quickly. Only trust a professional plumber to deal with pipe problems that may be related to your sewer line.
Don’t let a minor problem turn into a serious – and costly – issue. If you think you may have a problem with the pipes in your home, call 1st Choice Plumbing for fast service.