Think You’re a Great Fit For Our Team?
We’re always on the lookout for qualified people to join our company!
Enjoy a work environment where your effort is appreciated! We’ve built a reputation for excellence and believe in hiring top-quality candidates.
Current Job Vacancy:
We are looking for an organized, experienced plumber with exceptional diagnostic and problem-solving skills. In this role, you will install plumbing systems and ensure that these systems are functioning safely and effectively.
You must work quickly and efficiently to solve problems and make necessary repairs. You must also be a strong independent and collaborative worker as well as physically robust, able to handle long, demanding work hours.
Plumber Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine materials needed for each new project; estimate time and cost
- Install, assemble, maintain, and repair pipes and plumbing fixtures
- Affix clamps, screws, brazing, soldering, welds, etc. to pipes and tubes
- Measure and modify pipes accordingly by cutting, threading, or bending pipes by using specialized tools
- Install and/or repair household appliances like dishwashers, water heaters, toilets, sinks, etc.
- Diagnose plumbing problems and work to resolve any issues
- Repair or replace damaged parts
- Locate and repair water line leaks and remove clogs
- Train new apprentices in proper plumbing techniques and practices
- Confirm pipe system is air/watertight by performing pressure tests
- Keep detailed notes and create work reports documenting projects
- Test plumbing and other installed fixtures to ensure proper functioning
- Educate clients on and install “green” fixtures like grey water systems, reduced water flow faucets, low-flush toilets, etc.
- Follow state laws and regulations and adhere to local building codes
Plumber Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 2+ years’ relevant trade experience
- Proficiency using plumbing tools, materials, and equipment
- Understands and follows state regulations
- Available to work on call and respond immediately to plumbing emergencies
Qualifications: At least one year plumbing experience in the service industry.
Note: Please do not apply if you do not meet the qualifications of a Service Plumber, have a valid drivers license in good standing, and are not felony free.
1st Choice Plumbing serves the Rock Hill and Lancaster areas, including Tega Cay, Fort Mill, Clover, and Indian Land. Call us first for 24-hour plumbing repairs or for an estimate.
Senior Citizen, 1st Responders & Military Discounts.
SC MASTER PLUMBER LICENSE